Monday, June 27, 2011

Where It All Happens



I come from a big family of very creative people and the most important part for me when I'm creating, is the space I'm doing it in. Most crafter's have a work room, studio, or craft room, there's lots if names for it. But every one is an original and has a system, even if it's a messy one. This summer my dad and husband helped me make two big white shelves to add to my organization and I'm loving them! Whenever I'm not in the middle of a project I always try to keep that room neat and tidy, because I know that as soon as craftiness starts a tornado will appear and tear up the place. But in the middle of that process I know where things are and I can reach them quick. You know how our brains work faster than our hands, well that happens to be my downfall. I can think of too many options at once and if I don't try one right away then I lose then all. Anyway here's a peak at my space still in the aftermath of a project I finished last night.

I also wanted to share with you some things that have come out of that room over the past few years.


Easter egg bean bags I made for my students at school,

yo yo branches I added to spice up my curtains,

a funky glass framed mirror that my husband uses when I hog the bathroom,

My experiment with hand warmers last winter. Knitting is not a skill I have mastered yet.

An adorable wall hanging I made for my friends who got married last year.

My favorite non-seasonal wreath that can hang on the door all year,

and my trusty old patchwork sewing basket, that's actually new, I just liked making it look old!

There's a whole lot more to come.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment